Pre and post natal Pilates provide positive skills for pregnancy, birth and life with your new baby
Individual , one to one sessions with Bodywise Derby
The benefits of pre natal Pilates can be best experienced with individual attention through 1 to 1 sessions. This enables the sessions to be specifically planned around you and your needs. Your stage of pregnancy, current health and your history of past injury or illness will all be considered.
During pregnancy the hormone relaxin is released into the body enabling the ligaments and soft tissues to become more flexible and relaxed to accommodate the growing baby and prepare for birth.However, this can affect all joints making them more susceptible to pain and injury, particularly in the lower back and pelvis.
Pilates can safely address these changes through increased postural awareness, correct alignment and strengthening.
Pre natal Pilates with Lesley at Bodywise Derby helps you to:
- Meet your specific exercise needs during pregnancy.
- Maintain good joint alignment and posture during your pregnancy.
- Develop healthy pelvic floor and tummy muscles to support your growing baby.
- Safely maintain and develop general muscular strength.
- Develop confidence in active physical and psychological birthing skills.
- Learn relaxation and breath control techniques for labour.
- Gain an understanding of optimum foetal positioning for labour.
- Gain a sense of calm and well being for mother and baby.
Current guidelines support activity and exercise during pregnancy for the benefits to both you and your baby. However, there are some instances where exercise is contraindicated during pregnancy, this will be discussed during your initial assessment.
Pilates is not a substitute for medical treatment and referral back to your Gp/ midwife may be advised.
Price - Pregnancy Pilates £40 per hour.
Prenatal Client History