It can take up to a year for the body to regain its pre pregnancy state. Relaxin can remain in the body for several months in the post natal period, particularly in mothers who are breast feeding. Your post natal Pilates programme will incorporate exercises appropriate to your birth experience and level of fitness/ recovery.
Post natal Pilates with Lesley at Bodywise Derby can start after your post birth check and can helps you to:
- Safely return to exercise in a supportive and relaxed environment.
- Meet your specific post natal exercise needs in a small class or 1 to 1.
- Prevent common post natal problems such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, poor posture, neck and shoulder strain and continence issues.
- Tone abdominals, safely regain flatter tummy and regain pelvic floor strength.
- Boost energy levels and mood through exercise.
- Develop positive postural techniques when caring for your new baby.
- Learn relaxation techniques to support life with a new baby.
- Promote a general sense of well being to deal with the hormonal and life changes encountered.
The benefits of post natal Pilates can be experienced in a small class or through 1 to 1 sessions. Before starting you will need to complete a health questionnaire to ensure that the exercises are specific to your needs and the type of birth you have experienced. This also helps to take into account, any pre pregnancy related injuries or health issues which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
Price- Post natal Pilates sessions cost £40 per hour
Postnatal Client History
I really enjoyed my 1 to 1 post natal sessions, i felt it was specific to me and I felt stronger and more toned very quickly
Mrs B Derby